The system of nasolacrimal duct allows the tears to drain from the eyes into the nose.
When for some reason the system is self-performing or closed, overflow eye seen with tears and mucus concentration ie. Tearing.
It may occur at all ages and requires detailed examination, as in neglected cases caused infections leading to serious complications.
What are the causes lacrimation?
- abnormalities in place or abnormal eyelid blinking
- orbital injuries (fracture, trauma)
- birth defects
- complications from burns or radiation
Excessive tear production
- physical stimuli (air, smoke, fumes)
- foreign bodies
- infections, allergic reactions
- “Dry” eyes
What is a suitable treatment;
Depending on the event selected the appropriate therapeutic approach most often performed under local anesthesia without the need for a hospital stay.